How it works
Start using the Medical Costs Finder
1. Search or select from a list
Start by using the search bar for a medical service, speciality or a Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) item.
2. Find typical costs near you
Once you select a service, you will be able to see its typical fees and costs. You can also enter your postcode to see local fees and costs.
3. Find and view patient journey and specialist fees for select services
For selected services you will be able to see a typical patient journey. The patient journey will show services that are most commonly received before, during and after the main service.
For select services you will also be able to find participating specialists across Australia.
Learn more about the terms we use on the website
- The glossary of terms explains the terms used on the website.
- See these descriptions of common medical specialities.
- See these descriptions of common medical procedures.
Learn more about navigating out-of-pocket costs
See the guide to fees and costs.
Learn more about private health insurance
Start searching now
Search for medical services, specialities or MBS items. You can also browse the list of procedures, specialties, and services to find what you are looking for. Helpful information is available on each page so you can get the most out of this tool.
If you cannot find a service, more services will be added over time.Search Now